Monday, July 30, 2007

New Hawley Baby

In case you haven't heard, Emilie had our 5th child on Thursday at 3:59 P.M. at Tillamook County General Hospital. Brittney Gerken was the doctor. Levi Weighed 5 lbs 13 ounces, was 18 inches long, and is the 4th Hawley Clone of my 4 boys. He looks just like the others did when they were born. Even though he was a full month early, there were absolutely no complications for mother or baby. Both are doing just fine and getting stronger every minute. Levi is also getting bigger, while Emilie is thankful to be getting smaller again :-) Em is a real trooper. She had the baby completely naturally (by actual choice this time) as she knew that they wouldn't have enough time to give her an epidural. It did take a couple of hours for the baby to descend once her water had broken (around 11:00 A.M.) but once he was down there, it was only about 2 pushes and he POPPED out. They literally had to catch him.

I will be out of town for the next week in Wyoming picking up my dad so I can drive him back for a (now double) baby blessing, but I am sure Emilie would love to hear from you. This trip was planned several months ago, and we had planned on having Levi AFTER I got back, but this works out even better. Now I don't have to worry about her going into labor while I am not there. Don't worry. I am not totally abondoning her right now. Mom is living with us for the month of August. We couln't do it without her . . . again. She is always coming to the rescue of her children.

Talk to you later.

Love,

Proud Papa Hawley

No comments: