Thursday, October 11, 2007




Hi guys. Hans here. I was in the process of making a web page-blog for my classes when I noticed my name came up on this one. I don't remember signing in to it before, but apparently I must have.

Anyway, Teaching in Tillamook is going well. My room is right across the hall from Brian's. I am teaching two classes of spanish 1, three classes of spanish 2, and they even gave me one of Brian Reynold's Govt/Econ classes to teach this year so he could have an extra period to devote to senior projects.

Our kids are doing well.
Daniel is 7 and in 2nd grade
Hannah is 5 and in Kindergarten
Benjamin is 4 and in Preschool
Jonathan is 1 and in Nursery (FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Levi is 2 months and is in a stupor most of the time - but he is beginning to show signs of life and has a pretty good smile when you can catch his eye.

Emilie has completed her prerequisites for the nursing program and is officially enrolled in Clatsop Community College's Nursing program (That's for you, Uncle Kevin. CCC is in Astoria, for those of you un-lucky non-Oregonian residents who may not have known that.) Anyway, she is thrilled to be back in school again, but is finding raising 5 kids, running a household, and going to school full time is quite the arduous task. Gee. You think? Anyway, she does fabulously well at balancing everything. I don't know how she does it. Just this morning, another teacher in our ward said she was envious of Emilie's abilities, and that Em always looks like she just stepped out of the salon and is very well put-together. Yeah, I'm a lucky guy.

Anyway, now that I have my own blog (http://hanshawley.blogspot.com/) I'm sure I will probably be a more frequent visitor to this site.

No comments: